The course begins at 8:00 am unless otherwise noted. Participants should arrive 5 to 10 minutes early.
Falls from height are among the most common causes of serious work-related injuries and deaths in the workplace. This comprehensive fall protection training was developed to meet the highest standards for training in most Canadian jurisdictions using Canadian Standards Associations (CSA) Z259.
Designed to educate the worker in the planning, use, care and implementation of common fall protection systems, it includes both theory and practical application exercises. Participants will engage in hands-on training activities, including inspecting, fitting, adjusting and connecting fall protection systems and components.
NOTE: Government-issued photo ID must be presented to obtain entry to the program.
- To comprehend Fall Protection fundamentals and regulations
- To understand methods of eliminating the fall hazard
- To identify the components of personal travel restraint and fall arrest systems
- To understand equipment specifications, limitations, care and inspection
- To understand methods of proper planning when controlling fall hazards
- To understand the need for rescue planning and preparedness
The duration of the Fall Protection course is 8 hours and includes a mandatory written theory test (English only).
Your Fall Protection ticket will be issued in class and is valid for 3 years.
$165.00 + GST