Haztech has an immediate opening for a Red Cross First Aid Instructor in Yellowknife.
Reporting to the Safety Training Manager, the First Aid Instructor is responsible for coordinating and executing training at Haztech Training Centres, and various locations as required. This position requires experience as a First Aid instructor with a recognized training agency and relevant experience.
Preference will be given to candidates who are also certified to instruct safety disciplines such as but not limited to, H2S, Confined Space, Fall Protection, etc.
- Provide First Aid & CPR training to the highest standards
- Complete and submit any/all paperwork post-course completion
- Business development for the First Aid & CPR courses
- Inventory and order training materials and supplies
- Create and maintain positive relationships with Haztech clients
- Ensure all clients and students are treated with the utmost respect and professionalism; portray a professional impression of the company to customers, partners, associates, vendors, and the business community
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Professionally represent Haztech and provide exceptional service to all customers and clients
- The duties outlined herein are intended to be the minimum duties expected of you by Haztech. You are expected to use your discretion to expand upon these duties to ensure that your job mandate is met and that your performance is such that the general spirit and intent of the duties outlined above are completed as required
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- Current Red Cross Instructor Certificate
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR and/or AED certificates
- Minimum 1-year experience as an instructor
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license
- Criminal record clearance