The Confined Space Entry course teaches participants to identify, understand and mitigate the potential hazards of working in restricted and confined spaces.
The confined space entry portion of this course covers the provincial OH&S requirements for Saskatchewan and Alberta as well as the industry best practices and definitions that are used and applied throughout western Canada.
Confined space entries are a necessary part of industrial facilities, construction, agriculture and public works across the country. Unplanned or uncontrolled confined space entries may result in circumstances that could jeopardize the safety of those entering and those in proximity to the confined space.
- Understand the OH&S regulations as they pertain to confined spaces
- Recognize and mark confined spaces
- Identify and control confined space hazards
- Identify required personal protective equipment
- Become familiar with industry-accepted standards and regional codes of practice
- Plan a successful entry
- Plan a successful rescue
Upon successful completion of the required exam with a minimum score of 70%, you will receive a certificate that is valid for three years.