Register online by selecting a course below.
To register for specialized or group courses - please contact our training team at (306) 519-0258 or firstname.lastname@example.org
8:00 am - 4:00 pm CST
Participants should arrive 5 to 10 minutes early.
This course is the industry standard in Canada and is recognized around the world.
Also known as sour gas, H2S (Hydrogen Sulphide Gas) is colourless, heavier than air, and extremely toxic. In low concentrations, it has a rotten egg smell and causes eye and throat irritation. H2S can also deaden your sense of smell and at higher concentrations, it can cause death.
For these reasons, training in how to protect yourself is crucial in any industry where H2S might be encountered.
NOTE: Government-issued photo ID must be presented to obtain entry to the program.
- How to work safely in and around hydrogen sulphide (H2S) environments
- H2S properties, health hazards, and locations – Including worker exposure limits
- Hazard Assessment and Control – Including H2S case studies
- Respiratory Protective Equipment – Including Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus
- Detection of H2S – Gas detection demonstrations with various detection devices
- Initial Response Strategy – 7 steps; including 4 rescue techniques and case studies.
The duration of the H2S course is 8 hours and includes a mandatory written theory test (English only).
Your H2S Alive ticket will be issued in class and is valid for 3 years.
$175.00 + tax