Haztech has immediate openings for qualified SECURITY GUARDS to join our team. This role will be performed on a remote camp in northern Saskatchewan for the Wildfire Season.
As a member of Haztech’s Security team, you will be responsible for providing the safeguards necessary for the personal protection of fire personnel while protecting personal and department property from loss or damage due to assault, theft, and vandalism. In this role you will provide site access and security clearance to staff, contractors, and visitors entering a remote camp in Northern Saskatchewan. You will be required to provide detailed documentation in compliance with the site’s Health and Safety program, including documentation regarding completed site and vehicle inspections.
- Maintain a positive relationship with Haztech’s management team and crew on site.
- Secure the premises and personnel by patrolling property and monitoring equipment and access points.
- Take appropriate preventative and protective actions in response to safety and security incidents related to client and company property and personnel.
- Patrol assigned areas, checking for fires, vandalism, suspicious activity, or safety/fire hazards.
- Monitor and authorize the entrance of vehicles and visitors within the main fire camp.
- Respond to alarms and dispatched calls; decide what actions to take based on the situation, facts known, and position limitations.
- Ensure that helicopters are secure by monitoring all movements of equipment, supplies, and personnel into and around the area.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Completion of 40 hour Sask Justice Security Guard Training Course
- Valid Saskatchewan class 5 license
- Ability to obtain criminal record clearance
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to be fully alert and aware of surroundings throughout night shifts
- Commitment to consistent accuracy and high attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Independent judgement and decision making.
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Professionally represent Haztech and provide exceptional service.
Please include current certificates when making your submission, as these are required prior to arranging an interview.