This role is a fixed term covering a maternity leave. The Accountant will oversee various basic accounting responsibilities and administration. Working collaboratively with the CFO and an outsourced accounting advisory team, the Accountant will also be required to assist in full cycle bookkeeping. This position requires the individual to effectively manage and prioritize assigned duties to ensure completion within expected timelines
- Perform basic accounting duties including invoicing, accounts receivable and accounts payable, and payroll.
- Communicate regularly with CFO and accounting team regarding cash flow and reporting requirements.
- Assist with year–end audits as needed.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner and accounts receivable are collected promptly.
- Complete government reporting/remittances including T4s, WCB, PST, GST and Source Deductions under
accounting team supervision.
- Assist in month–end and year–end duties and related filings.
- Assist with year–end reporting and financial statement preparations and review.
- Assist with Joint Ventures.
- Administrative filing and document management, including insurance, licensing, etc.
- Assist in operational activities when necessary/
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Bachelor’s of Commerce, majoring in Accounting.
- Proven experience in a position of a similar nature
- Familiarity with basic accounting procedures
- Experience with Canadian Payroll
- Knowledge of generally accepted and internal control principles
- Experience with Sage 300 Enterprises and Microsoft is preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Time management
- Strong attention to detail
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills