Haztech has openings for qualified PRIMARY CARE PARAMEDICS to join our on-call team for the Saskatchewan wildfire season. This role includes travel and living away from home for stretches of time. As a member of Haztech’s Basic Life Support (BLS) team, the Primary Care Paramedic provides onsite emergency medical services, tending to both urgent, and non-urgent medical needs. Responsibilities include the use of skills and expertise to provide emergency response, medical assessment, primary health care, chronic disease management, injury prevention, health promotion, and coordinate emergency medical evacuations as needed. You will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the company while providing a safe and positive work environment. Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans. Prepare rooms, sterile instruments, equipment, and supplies, and ensure that stock of supplies is maintained. Develop relationships and rapport with all colleagues, contractors, and clients. You will exercise independence, judgment and initiative by logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems that arise on site.
The chosen individual will perform this diverse range of activities with a focus on safety, professionalism, and teamwork.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Completion of recognized Primary Care Paramedic program & valid license in Saskatchewan
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) certificate
- Experience working on remote industrial, construction and resource sector projects an asset
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Valid driver’s license and criminal record clearance
- Professionally represent Haztech and provide exceptional service to all clients