The Medical Lab Technologist will work with our healthcare services team to provide exceptional service to our clients. Services provided include (but are not limited to): Travel and living away from home for periods of time. Camp accommodations are provided during your shift rotation including travel to and from site by Haztech. Manage testing, receive, label, and analyze samples. You will be required to handle sensitive equipment to analyze samples or substances and conduct test report findings. The duties also include design and execute laboratory testing according to standard procedures, make observations and interpret findings. You must be organized and store all chemical substances, fluids, and samples according to safety protocols, record all data and results in specified forms with accuracy.
All safety procedures must be followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment. The goal with this role is to lead a team of medical laboratory technicians, optimize lab procedures and succeed in producing reliable and important results that can be used to keep project personnel and the local community safe.
The chosen individual will perform this diverse range of activities with a focus on safety, professionalism, and teamwork.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- CMLTO or CSMLS certified Medical Lab Technologist
- Proven experience as Lab Technologist or relevant position
- Experience in operating electrical and non-electrical laboratory equipment and potentially dangerous substances (infectious bacteria, biohazards, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of QHSE Systems, preventative measures, and laboratory best practices
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Valid driver’s license and criminal record clearance
- Professionally represent Haztech and provide exceptional service to all clients