Haztech has a great opportunity for casual Firefighters with ERT certificates to join our team at a mine in a remote setting in Ontario. All travel, meals, and accommodations are covered by Haztech.
- The casual ERTs will be called to cover a minimum of 5 days plus 2 days travel
- You must have the flexibility to be away for 7-14 days to remain on our causal list
- You are not required to commit every time you are called, as some calls will be short notice
As a member of Haztech’s ERT team you will respond to emergency situations to protect people, the environment, and property from all types of accidents and emergency situations. Responsibilities include the use of skills and expertise in fire, rope rescue, confined space rescue and medical emergencies. You will inspect and monitor confined spaces/work at heights as required and ensure rescue, fire and EMS equipment is inspected and maintained. As a member of the ERT team you will also create and review site rescue and fire plans and run drills and training.
All safety procedures must be followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment. The goal with this role is to optimize emergency response plans and procedures and succeed in producing reliable and important results that can be used to keep project personnel and the local community safe.
The chosen individual will perform this diverse range of activities with a focus on safety, professionalism, and teamwork.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- NFPA 1001 Level I and II Mandatory
- NFPA 472 Mandatory
- Rope Rescue Technician Mandatory
- Confined Space Technician Mandatory
- First Responder Level “B”, EMR or PCP designation Mandatory
- Swiftwater Rescue is an asset
- Ice Rescue is an asset
- Criminal record clearance Mandatory